Tuesday, February 8, 2011

i love

my Operations Management lecturer. he made me not glance at the clock even once throughout the class. and this is the first business subject that has made me go "hmmm.... this might be what i want to do with my life". basically its a course about planning and managing operations and resources, in other words how to allocate our earth's materials, human capital, time. how to find the most efficient way to produce, to satisfy consumers, and at the same time, to eliminate waste/pollution/other forms of harm. it's about planning, collaborating, producing what we humans need, finding the best way to operate a business which at the same time harms the environment as little as possible. to me, this sounds more meaningful than things like accounting or finance where i face figures and money all day. hmmmm..

No comments: