Wednesday, January 12, 2011

to be a bigger person.

i know i haven't written properly for a while. i have no excuse, other than the comforting fact that i simply have not experienced any emotional roller coasters for quite a while. i usually feel like writing when i'm emotionally-driven, and when i have the urge to transcribe my feelings. recently, its been a calm ride. i'm typing this on my mum's bed, with my two dogs sleeping under it. it's 10.23pm, almost bed-time. yes i've readjusted back to the healthier lifestyle. the smell of my shampoo is pleasant, the weather in penang is more so. i get up at seven, join my mum and a few elderlies at a park for taichi, we have breakfast together. then i come home, shower, talk to a few friends online. do a bit of leisure reading, read the news, check my email inboxes, feel guilty for a while about not doing anything academic-related this entire winter break, then forget about feeling guilty. some mornings, instead of taichi, i'd walk around the park while listening to my ipod. its amazing how certain songs can flow into your mind and bring back vivid memories, most which put a smile on my face, but a few which makes me glad the memory is a thing of the past.
there is nothing to complain about now. nothing to ask for, other than to be a bigger person. what i have may seem like inadequate to some, but i know i already have everything. and if anything more arrives, they would be considered rewards, blessings.
yay, tonight is another pleasant, peaceful night. :) goodnight all.

No comments: